|Events||Features||Where to find us||History||Home|
|Our Gallery||The Trust||
|Access||Wedding Photography||Application Form||Teachers||Links|
Source: original photograph in PGPT archive
This detail is taken from a family photograph () posed in front of the rustic summerhouse. It shows John Joseph Gray Page, Henry Trevor's stepson and business partner, and one of his sons. The poster in the background advertises a Flower Service on 1st Aug 1886.
Source: Photograph in PGPT archive
The cathedral of St John the Baptist (R.C.) is an immediate neighbour of the Plantation garden. It was built between 1884 and 1910 on the site of the old city gaol. It was built for the 15th Duke of Norfolk and designed by G.G.Scott Jun. Henry Trevor must have been delighted when this prestigious building replaced the gaol, for he had a clear view of it from his garden (cf. PGPT015)
The nave was the first part of the building to be finished, in 1894, so this photograph must date after that.This view is of the East end, on the junction of Unthank Rd and Earlham Rd. The surrounding wall has yet to be built.